5 Ingredient Watermelon Feta
Hello friends! This recipe creation is a new favorite of mine!! It is perfect for cooling off in the summer heats. It is crisp, fresh and light with still an abundance of flavor. Since I like to keep things simple, this recipe is only 5 easily accessible ingredients. It is also gluten and grain free. I hope you enjoy as much as I did!
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
- 5 cups of cubed watermelon
- ¼ cup of olive oil (preferably a lighter tasting oil)
- ½ cup of crumbled feta
- 1 generous handful of basil
- Juice from 1 large lime (or 2 tbsp of lime concentrate)
- Salt and pepper
- Begin by cubing watermelon into bite sized cubes. Place in a medium to large bowl.
- Next, crumble in feta and add in basil either whole or torn into smaller pieces.
- In a separate small bowl add olive oil and lemon juice, whisk together until well
combined. If you have a mason jar with a lid, vigorously shaking the olive oil and lemon
juice together in the jar works as well.
- Season with a salt and pepper, pour dressing over salad and mix all ingredients together
till watermelon is evenly coated.
- Plate and enjoy! (Tastes best chilled)
Jill Jackson, CNP, NNCP
564-572 Weber Street North, Unit 3A Waterloo, Ontario N2L5C6