Pre and Post Natal Massage
Pregnancy is a time of great change and can often leave the body feeling stressed and sore. Working with a knowledgeable pregnancy massage therapist can ensure you support your body through the changes and prevent any unnecessary pain and discomfort.
Natalie Poynton, RMT works with many pregnant women, with various techniques to provide the best and safest massage care during pregnancy. Sideline positioning is used with supportive, soft cushions to prevent extra strain on the lower back and pelvis.
Benefits of Prenatal Massage:
- Relaxation and soothing physical stress
- Relief of chronic tension and muscle strain
- Improves neck pain, shoulder pain, lower back pain and thigh discomfort.
- Benefits muscle spasms and cramps by reducing trigger points
- Reduces swelling and blood pressure by promoting better circulation
- Improves posture
- Abdominal massage helping relieve constipation
- Lymphatic massage to reduce breast pain
- Relief of carpal tunnel
- Beneficial for headaches and migraines that so often accompany pregnancy
- Improves sleep quality
Whether your birth was easy and relaxed or filled with physical discomfort and pain, massage post partum is always helpful to encourage the body to heal itself from the birth process.
If you are choosing to breastfeed, all types of physical stressors can arise. Shoulder pain, forearm strain, upper and lower back pain, etc. Massage can make dramatic impact on easing physical strain for you and your body.
Benefits of Postpartum Massage:
- Relief of aches, pains and soreness
- Speed up the recovery process
- Stress relief to soothe and comfort the stress of the body, working at preventing any extra tensions of postpartum blues
- Promote healthy muscles to help you breastfeed or bottle feed your baby
- Quiet time for you!
564-572 Weber Street North, Unit 3A Waterloo, Ontario N2L5C6